Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tiernan OToole <ls...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 16:52:17 UTC

Sharing and performance testing question.

Good morning all.

We are working on a project where we will have somewhere north of 10 solr
instances running in different data centers around the world. Each instance
will have the same schemes, but different data.

We have a test system up and running, mostly virtual boxes and amazon
instances, and see have about 40 million records in the system. Anyway,  we
now have the problem of performance testing the system, and want to make it
as real world as possible.

To start, we have a list of query types, single words, multiple words,
anded  and ored words, some fuzzy tests and the like. We have the original
data we generated the indexes from, now all we need to do is figure the
best way to load test...

Any tips on load testing solr? Ideally we would like caching to not effect
the result as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

--Tiernan

AW: Sharing and performance testing question.

Posted by Markus Klose <mk...@shi-gmbh.com>.
Hi tiernan

Check out if solrmeter fits your need (http://code.google.com/p/solrmeter/)

Viele Grüße aus Augsburg

Markus Klose
SHI Elektronische Medien GmbH

Re: Sharing and performance testing question.

Posted by Tiernan OToole <ls...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tips! will check out those links and see what i can find!

--
Tiernan O'Toole
blog.lotas-smartman.net

Re: Sharing and performance testing question.

Posted by Alexey Serba <as...@gmail.com>.