Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by kiamde <ki...@bigstring.com> on 2006/08/30 16:50:08 UTC

SQL connection problems(remote vs local)

I've been trying to get SA to use a per user settings with Bayes/AWL.  I've
been having a strange issue where I want to connect to a remote DB server
and not a local server but AWL/Bayes doesn't seem to work.

This is my settings:

user_scores_dsn         DBI:mysql:postfix:10.2.0.54
user_scores_sql_username        user
user_scores_sql_password        pass

bayes_store_module      Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
bayes_sql_dsn           DBI:mysql:email:10.2.0.54
bayes_sql_username      user
bayes_sql_password      pass

auto_whitelist_factory Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList
user_awl_dsn    DBI:mysql:email:10.2.0.54
user_awl_sql_username   user
user_awl_sql_password   pass

The weird part is the regular per-user basis works fine with the remote
database but the bayes and AWL try to connect to localhost(10.2.0.57).  If i
setup a local mysql server and use the login/password it has no problems.

This is what I get in spamd debug mode:

[14577] dbg: auto-whitelist: sql-based unable to connect to database
(DBI:mysql:email:10.2.0.54) : Access denied for user 'user'@'10.2.0.57'
(using password: YES)

This is
SpamAssassin Server version 3.1.4
  running on Perl 5.8.5
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.