Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2008/12/10 23:49:29 UTC

Re: detecting timeout in service

Please Fabien, remember this kind of question should be on user ML (you will not get much answers here)

From: "Fabien JALABERT" <fa...@laposte.net>

> Hello,
>
> can somebody tell me what is done the timeout is over when I do a runSync("myService") in Java ? Can you give me a message or
> trace sample ?

Not sure to well understand the question. But I guess the answer is : unless you use use-transaction="false" and there is not alredy
a running transaction, each service is done in a transaction and in such case (time-out) the surrounding transaction is simply
rolled back

Note that you can specify a transaction-timeout in seconds (defaults to 60) but it only works when a new transaction is started. By
default, you can have a new transaction if there is not already a running transaction (in this case the service engine create a new
transation for you by default, unless you use use-transaction="false") or if you set require-new-transaction to true. In latter case
the new transaction can be embedded in an existing transaction.  A roll-back on the new transaction will also roll-back the
surrounding transaction or all (2 transactions) is commited, if it's ok.

HTH

Jacques