Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by ky...@pcv.cz on 2001/02/22 14:04:32 UTC

Upload file size limit

Hi,

I have this problem, on my web I´m using file upload from the web page
something like this:

   <FORM METHOD="POST" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
      <INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="ImageName">
   <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Upload file">
    </FORM>
[-
open FILE, "> /tmp/file.$$";
print FILE $buffer while read($fdat{ImageName}, $buffer, 32768);
close FILE;
-]

I would like make a size limit for the uploaded file. How to do it ?.

Thanks anyway.

Jan Kyncl

Re: Upload file size limit

Posted by "G.Richter" <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I would like make a size limit for the uploaded file. How to do it ?.

Use APache configuration directive LimitRequestBody, see:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody

Gerald

Re: Upload file size limit

Posted by Neeme Vool <ne...@eenet.ee>.

> Hi,
>
> I have this problem, on my web I´m using file upload from the web page
> something like this:
>
>    <FORM METHOD="POST" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
>       <INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="ImageName">
>    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Upload file">
>     </FORM>
> [-
> open FILE, "> /tmp/file.$$";
> print FILE $buffer while read($fdat{ImageName}, $buffer, 32768);
> close FILE;
> -]
one way is to use smaller chunks and to use code like this
while ($count=read($fdat{ImageName}, $buffer, 32768))
{
	if ($total+$count>$max_allowed)
	{
		remove files, close handles, crash;

	}
	$total+=$count;
	print FILE $buffer;
}

another way is to use CGI MAX_UPLOAD capabilities.

Neeme Vool