Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Jerry <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 03:36:02 UTC

pdfbox-debugger launch error (no main manifest attribute)

I get a "no main manifest attribute" error when I try to use the
pdfbox-debugger...

d:\dev\pdfbox>java -jar pdfbox-debugger-2.0.0.jar PDFDebugger
LongStringTest.pdf
no main manifest attribute, in pdfbox-debugger-2.0.0.jar

Jerry

Re: pdfbox-debugger launch error (no main manifest attribute)

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 01.04.2016 um 22:32 schrieb Jerry:
> Andreas:
>
> Okay, thanks, got it to work with...
>
> d:\dev\pdfbox>java -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.0.jar PDFDebugger LongStringTest.pdf
>
> Maybe someone should update the PDFBox documentation page at...
>
> http://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/commandline.html
>
> ...which says the debugger is launched the way I tried initially and
> unsuccessfully.
Sorry, but  I can't find that anywhere. It mentions exactly the command you are
posted in this message:

usage: java -jar pdfbox-app-2.y.z.jar PDFDebugger [inputfile]

But I'm going to change that as we provide a PDFDebugger-only jar as well

BR
Andreas

Posted by Jerry <je...@gmail.com>.
Andreas:

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 01.04.2016 um 03:36 schrieb Jerry:
> I get a "no main manifest attribute" error when I try to use the
> pdfbox-debugger...
>
> d:\dev\pdfbox>java -jar pdfbox-debugger-2.0.0.jar PDFDebugger
> LongStringTest.pdf
> no main manifest attribute, in pdfbox-debugger-2.0.0.jar

Oh :-(

Until this is fixed, do this: download the pdfbox-app jar and run that one.

Alternatively,

java org.apache.pdfbox.debugger.PDFDebugger -cp pdfbox-debugger-2.0.0.jar

should also work, but it doesn't, maybe it's too early here.

Tilman