Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org> on 2015/11/03 23:05:58 UTC

Welcome JStorm Community!

For those who may not be aware, Alibaba has donated JStorm to Apache Storm, and we have completed the IP Clearance process. JStorm is a fork of Storm with the clojure components reimplemented in Java, and includes a number of enhancements in terms of performance and features. JStorm is used widely in production at Alibaba across many different areas.

Of equal importance is the JStorm community, which has expressed a commitment to join forces with the Apache Storm community to bring JStorm’s improvements to Apache Storm and collaborate on new features and improvements.

Over the coming days and weeks we will have a number of discussions on the dev@ list regarding how to best approach merging both the incoming code and associated community.

Please join me in welcoming the JStorm contributors to the Apache Storm community.

JStorm community:

Welcome abord! We’re glad you’re here.

As you’ve probably noticed, all discussions and decision making at Apache takes place on the mailing list in English. I understand that might be a burden for non-English speakers, but there a number of Apache Storm contributors that speak both English and Chinese that would likely be willing to help translate. Google translate, while not perfect, is also helpful in some cases. We don’t expect perfect translation — just enough to get your point across is fine.

When signing your name on an email, etc., please use the western name of yourself and others. This makes it easier for those of us who can't read Asian characters to identify individuals.

If you’re new to Apache and the way it works, here is a good starting point for learning “The Apache Way”:

https://community.apache.org/contributors/ <https://community.apache.org/contributors/>

Feel free to introduce yourself to the Storm community by replying to this thread and letting us know a little more about yourself.

Again, thank you and welcome!

-Taylor

Re: Welcome JStorm Community!

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, JStorm community!

I saw some developers of JStorm are already participated to review. This is
really great start!
With JStorm community I don't question that we can make Storm much better,
codebase, features, use cases, and various things.

Looking forward to co-work!

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--
Name : 임 정택
Blog : http://www.heartsavior.net / http://dev.heartsavior.net

Re: Welcome JStorm Community!

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Priyank Shah <ps...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Welcome JStorm community. Thanks for your contributions to JStorm and
looking forward to working with you to make Storm better.

Thanks, Harsha