Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net> on 2017/06/09 19:45:49 UTC

[FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

Hi,
after some weeks being technically offline at home, I'm hopefully back in
the game now;-)

I've just downloaded the nightly build using the installer and tried to
compile my little test app
with no success [1].
I noticed that the target folder contains just a weird javascript file.
I've already tried to replace the asconfig option "js-output-type": "flexjs"
by "targets": ["JSFlex"] without success.

Do I miss something?

Thanks,
Olaf

[1]
MXMLJSC
+flexlib=C:\Daten\flex_sdks\flexjs_nightly_20170609\frameworks
+configname=flex
--debug=true
--source-map=true
--targets=JSFlex
--output=./target/javascript
src/EmployeeAdmin.mxml
-html-template=src/resources/mdl-js-index-template.html
-compiler.exclude-defaults-css-files=HTML.swc:defaults.css
Compiling file:
c:\local\workspaces\puremvc_flexjs\EmployeeAdminFlexJS2\target\javascript\bin\js-debug\EmployeeAdmin.js
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
c:\local\workspaces\puremvc_flexjs\EmployeeAdminFlexJS2\target\javascript\bin\js-debug\EmployeeAdmin.js
(Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native
Method)java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex.compile(MXMLJSCFlex.java:367)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex._mainNoExit(MXMLJSCFlex.java:245)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCFlex.mainNoExit(MXMLJSCFlex.java:202)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC._mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:347)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:282)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.staticMainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:242)org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.main(MXMLJSC.java:224)

2.925021143 seconds

Re: [FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

Posted by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Josh Tynjala wrote
> Did you delete your ./target/javascript directory before compiling with
> the
> new SDK?

I'm pretty sure that I've done that all the time without any success.

After I've changed the "output" option as you mentioned the first time
including deleting the target folder it works now.
I noticed that if I pass something completely wrong to the "output" option
now (something like "output": "./\target////javascript") the compiler is
creating a "bin" folder automatically.
This was not the case before I've changed the "output" option to whatever.
If I changed back the output option back to its origin value which was
"output": "./target/javascript" it also works.
Moreover, all your variations work for me.

So this is weird for me but it works and that's the important thing ;-)

Thank you, Josh!

Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Compiler options / VSCode config

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Did you delete your ./target/javascript directory before compiling with the
new SDK? I don't see why that would cause this problem, but it's worth a
try. Good to get in the habit when switching SDKs anyway, since some old
framework JS files might get stale.

I've seen some issues with the format of the path passed to the output
option on occasion. I think I noticed that it's more sensitive on Windows.
I've not had the time to figure out the exact patterns that fail, but you
might also try playing around with that a little. Maybe try some variations
like these?

"output": "target/javascript"
"output": ".\\target\\javascript"
"output": "target\\javascript"