Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by "Frost, Andrew" <An...@Harman.com> on 2019/05/02 21:07:26 UTC

The start of a FullCalendar Royale component...

Hi

Something that Dany Dhondt wrote recently, about using the "fullcalendar" React component, got me to wondering how easy it was to wrap these sorts of third party components into Royale.

The answer turned out to be: it's pretty straightforward. I'm not sure I've used the best approach (no 'typedefs' or anything) but I've created some wrapper classes that can be used from MXML to drop in a calendar component and add events etc. Lots of extra work to do to get it to the stage where it's as functional as the JS/React etc versions, but the lack here is (a) time and (b) documentation (I can't see a full API for the various FullCalendar classes..!)

Hope it's useful for folk to see how quickly this can be done...

https://github.com/ajwfrost/royale-playground/tree/master/CalendarProject
(the wrapper classes are in src/io/fullcalendar, and the mxml file that uses them is just src/CalendarProject.mxml .. I've been using Moonshine and just uploaded the whole project so there's lots of irrelevant files in there too!)

thanks

   Andrew

Re: The start of a FullCalendar Royale component...

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Shared here! :)

https://twitter.com/ApacheRoyale/status/1124349214127947776

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: The start of a FullCalendar Royale component...

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Great example Andrew! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: The start of a FullCalendar Royale component...

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dany,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: The start of a FullCalendar Royale component...

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Jonathan Moore <jd...@uvawise.edu>.
Andrew,

You might was to look it some native Actionscript classes. Flex comes to mind Flex 3.3 was the probably the best for animators Adobe and Apache, get familiar with Flex 3rd party frameworks.

Thanks,

Jonathan.