Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by InedibleKiwi <ch...@medavie.bluecross.ca> on 2009/11/30 15:56:00 UTC

Propogation of Map or Collection header

Good day,

In revision r822227 of servicemix-camel
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/servicemix/components/engines/servicemix-camel/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/camel/
here , a fix was added to the JbiBinding.java for propogating
maps/collections.  The following is what was added.

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    protected boolean isSerializable(Object object) {
        return object instanceof Serializable;
    }

Now, when I look at the current revision 835983 of the same, and compare
with r822227, I see that this fix is no longer included.  I'm wondering if
the fix has been reworked, or removed?

Any help is appreciated.  I hope this post is in the proper location for
this question.

Re: Propogation of Map or Collection header

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

That check is still in the code, but it has been refactored to allow
for two variations of the serialization check.  We now have two
HeaderFilterStrategy implementations in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components/engines/servicemix-camel/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/camel/util/.

The BasicSerialiationHeaderFilterStrategy implements the old behavior,
the StrictSerializationHeaderFilterStrategy class implement a more
thorough check that tries to write the objects to a stream to ensure
they're really serializable (to filter out objects that implement the
Serializable interface but can not actually de serialized).  The
latter strategy can be enabled by appending serialization=strict to
the jbi endpoint uri.

Have a look at https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMXCOMP-638
for a bit more background on this issue.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com