Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sachin Aggarwal <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/21 10:19:42 UTC

Structured Streaming partition logic with respect to storage and fileformat

when we use readStream to read data as Stream, how spark decides the no of
RDD and partition within each RDD with respect to storage and file format.

val dsJson = sqlContext.readStream.json("/Users/sachin/testSpark/inputJson")

val dsCsv = sqlContext.readStream.option("header","true").csv(
"/Users/sachin/testSpark/inputCsv")

val ds = sqlContext.readStream.text("/Users/sachin/testSpark/inputText")
val dsText = ds.as[String].map(x =>(x.split(" ")(0),x.split("
")(1))).toDF("name","age")

val dsParquet =
sqlContext.readStream.format("parquet").parquet("/Users/sachin/testSpark/inputParquet")

--

Thanks & Regards

Sachin Aggarwal
7760502772

Re: Structured Streaming partition logic with respect to storage and fileformat

Posted by Sachin Aggarwal <di...@gmail.com>.
what will the scenario in case of s3 and  local file system?

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.