Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com> on 2008/08/05 10:29:04 UTC

TechDataServices-capacityRemaining?

Hi.
Questions:
1)Is there a way I can check the remaining capacity that a facility (or
machine/fixed asset) can accommodate for a given time?

2)What does TechDataServices.capacityRemaining() do exactly?

Scenario:
I tried to set the production CAPACITY for the DemoMachine, then I created a
production run (PRun1) with  QUANTITY = production capacity of the
DemoMachine. Then I created another production run (PRun2), where the
estimated start time of PRun2 should be LATER than the estimated end time of
PRun1, since PRun1 already used up all the number of productions that
DemoMachine can accommodate. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out as
expected.

While looking for a workaround, I found this service in
TechDataServices.capacityRemaining(),
which I thought would return a quantity that the DemoMachine can still
accommodate on a given time period. But the value it returned was several
thousand times more than what I've set as the DemoMachine's capacity.

Please enlighten me.

Roy

Re: TechDataServices-capacityRemaining?

Posted by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com>.
I see. I'll be needing a capacity planning for a POC so I guess I'll just
have to make a patch for this. Thanks Jacopo for the info.

Cheers

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.