Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Melton, James" <jm...@bloomberg.com> on 2004/05/17 20:23:16 UTC

XBRL compilation error

I've found that I cannot compile the schema for XBRL
http://www.xbrl.org. I used the 2.1 versions from:
http://www.xbrl.org/resourcecenter/specifications.asp?sid=22

I get an error when I compile xbrl-instance-2003-12-31.xsd or
xbrl-linkbase-2003-12-31.xsd; the other two files compile correctly. I
think the schema is OK, although I am not 100% certain. I have not
followed up because my funding for this assignment was just pulled :(
However, I would still be very interested if someone found that this can
work because I would incorporate it into my evaluation of XMLBeans.

Here's the error:

.../xbrl/xbrl-linkbase-2003-12-31.xsd:0: error: Invalid Restriction.
The derived (restricted) content model must match the base content model
unless the part of the base content model that does not match is
optional.  A mismatch found between a base <choice> and a derived
<choice>.  Found derived particles that are not matched in the base
content model.

Thanks,
Jim.