Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry SAURA <Th...@renault.fr> on 2001/04/05 11:12:26 UTC

Mysterious fop.jar in fop-0.18.1-dev

       Hello,

       I have a very mysterious side effect using fop.jar bundled in
fop-0.18.1-dev. If I use xalan command line :
java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in docs/examples/svg/UnitTests.xml\
-xsl docs/examples/svg/Document.xsl -out out.xml

I have different results when I use different classpaths.

if fop.jar is before xalan.jar in the classpath, out.xml is encoded in utf-8
and isn't indented.

if fop.jar is after xalan.jar or fop.jar isn't in the classpath, out.xml is
encoded in iso-8859-1 and is indented.

if I rebuild fop.jar, out.xml is encoded in iso-8859-1 and is indented.

   Does somebody can reproduce this side effect ? any idea ?

   thanks !

Thierry.

Re: Mysterious fop.jar in fop-0.18.1-dev

Posted by Thierry SAURA <Th...@renault.fr>.
       You're right ! thank you !

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
The fop.jar 0.18.1. contains a link to the needed libraries (also
xalan.jar) in xml-fop/lib, so you don't need to put it into your
classpath. And that is probably also the reason for the described
effect.

Fotis

Send reply to:  	fop-dev@xml.apache.org
From:           	Thierry SAURA <Th...@renault.fr>