Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2009/07/02 13:48:04 UTC

Re: mod_ssl / ssl_engine_ocsp.c customizations

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 03:55:27PM +0200, Natanael Mignon - michael-wessel.de wrote:
> I am currently working on - dirty, please have mercy - customizations
> of mod_ssl and especially OCSP-handling for a specific project (on
> basis of Apache 2.3 code). As I am neither a seasoned C-coder nor
> familiar with OpenSSL libraries, I am having problems extracting the
> issuer name from an X.509 cert into a usable string format.
>
> What I need to do:
>

> ·         Write my own "static const char *extract_responder_uri()"
>
> ·         Don't read responder uri from certificate, but from a file

This could be done by making mod_ssl run an optional external hook to
retrieve a responder URI given a certificate.  I will try to find time
to add such a hook, or patches are welcome ;)

> how to get a char* or some string from an X509_NAME?

This kind of question is better off asked in openssl-users@openssl.org -
you can see lots of examples of how to do it in mod_ssl's
ssl_engine_vars.c however.

Regards, Joe