Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 13:11:22 UTC

Current Status of Pluggable Authorization?

I was wondering what the current status of pluggable authorization was -
I'm currently contemplating hacking up 1.4's ZKAuthenticator in order to do
pluggable authorization for ACL's, and was curious if there was any work on
just that aspect that could be backported (or perhaps my work could be
forward-ported if work on that area hasn't been started yet).

I didn't notice much activity on ACCUMULO-259, although it looks like John
has been diligently working on some Kerberos experiments in his Github
account.

Re: Current Status of Pluggable Authorization?

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
There is a branch in svn of accumulo-259 which is functional. It is not the
finalized interfaces for the security structure, as I want to ensure they
can handle common use cases (which is what I'm doing in git). However, they
should provide you something if you're trying to hack it together.

Sent from my phone, pardon the typos and brevity.