Posted to user@struts.apache.org by micael <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/09/18 01:07:22 UTC

catalina-ant.jar newbie

I am a pretty new newbie at the ant game.  I want to put the struts-el into
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/raven/.  I am using Tomcat 4.1 and Struts 1.0.2.  I
tried to build the struts-el outside tomcat, but it needs the TaskDeploy in
the catalina-ant.jar.  Can someone give me a quick pointer?

Micael

indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any dislosure,
have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you

Re: catalina-ant.jar newbie

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
If you're talking about the Struts-EL taglib from David Karr, I must say
you're making it harder than it need be made :-)

Here's what I did in the build.properties file:

    - declared eddie.lib:  eddie.lib=/path/to/my/webapp/WEB-INF/lib
    - replaced the beginning of (nearly) all property declarations David
had with ${eddie.lib} so I had things like ${eddie.lib}/this-archive.jar
    - had to rename one of the JARs it was looking for (don't remember
which).  I just changed the name here in build.properties.
    - commented out the stuff to run the tests on Tomcat 4

I *think* that's all I did.  From there, once the JAR was built, I just
copied the JAR file to my lib directory and the TLDs to my /WEB-INF/tld
directory (I know, I know - everyone else keeps them in /WEB-INF/, but I
don't like cluttered directories).

... oh ... and I added a declaration for the taglib in my web.xml ;-)  I
totally forgot about that part.

--
Eddie Bush