Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Merwin Yap <me...@webphilippines.com.ph> on 2001/02/03 09:27:52 UTC

[Fwd: Session expiration...]

Re: [Fwd: Session expiration...]

Posted by "John Clark L. Naldoza" <nj...@ntsp.nec.co.jp>.
Merwin Yap wrote:

> Subject: Session expiration...
> Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 16:18:38 +0800
> From: Merwin Yap <me...@webphilippines.com.ph>
> To: wm@codemedia.com
>
> Hi! I want to ask about sessions in tomcat. How do you change the
> elapsed time for the session to expire.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Merwin

There are two ways that I know of, runtime and init time.

During runtime you can change the session "timeout" by getting a session
object from you request and using the setMaxInactiveInterval() method
with the proper parameters.

Check the HttpSession Interface  under the javax.servlet.http package.

During Init time or initialization, it's just a couple of XML statements
in your web.xml I believe you can find the definitions under the web.dtd
file...

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

John Clark

--
     /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
    / )    Software Design Engineer II                       ( \

Re: [Fwd: Session expiration...]

Posted by Doug Ferguson <df...@coremetrics.com>.
I'd like to know too!!!

Re: [Fwd: Session expiration...]

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Kief Morris wrote:

> Merwin Yap typed the following on 04:27 PM 2/3/2001 +0800
> >Hi! I want to ask about sessions in tomcat. How do you change the
> >elapsed time for the session to expire.
>
> In your web.xml put:
>
> <session-config>
>     <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
> </session-config>
>
> Change 30 to the number of minutes that must elapse before the
> server will expire an inactive session.

This sets the global default for new sessions created within this webapp.

You can also call session.setMaxInactiveInterval() to change the timeout
for a particular session, at any time.  Note that the value here is in
seconds, rather than minutes.

> Kief

Craig McClanahan

Re: [Fwd: Session expiration...]