Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Bernard GRANDJEAN <be...@cnamts.fr> on 2003/02/11 17:15:27 UTC

TLD and class mismatch in struts-nested.

Hello,

Using struts 1.1 b1 to b3 we encounter the following (fatal) problem on
weblogic 7 :

weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line 5): Error in using tag library

uri='/WEB-INF/classes/struts-nested.tld' prefix='nested': The Tag class
'org.apache.struts.taglib.

nested.html.NestedFormTag' has no setter method corresponding to TLD
declared attribute 'titleKey',

(JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)

The same error also occured for the attribute title.

Taking a look at the implementation class we discovered that indeed
there are no such methods. Weblogic seems to abide by the spec quite
strictly. To get rid of these, I simply removed the attributes
declaration in struts-nested.tld. Could this be taken into account in
the next releases ?

Thanks a lot guys !

    Bernard.

--
Bernard GRANDJEAN

CNAMTS / DSI / CNQD Seyssins-Grenoble
Tél 04 38 12 16 85

8, Rue Jean Moulin
SEYSSINS
38176 SEYSSINET Cedex

RE: TLD and class mismatch in struts-nested.

Posted by John Espey <je...@tallan.com>.
Bernard,
One thing I noticed, you are using a new enough web container that you don't
need to copy the TLD files into WEB-INF or make the entry into web.xml.
There is a URI propery in the TLD that will be found by the web container
and used for your taglib import directives.   In my version, that URI is
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-nested.   So I can use the following
imports in my JSPs out of the box:

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-nested"
prefix="nested"%>

IMHO: It just seems easier to me than worrying about copying TLDs and making
web.xml entries.

Posted by Bernard GRANDJEAN <be...@cnamts.fr>.
Thank for yours answers