Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Gus Heck <gu...@cognition.olin.edu> on 2003/06/10 20:46:55 UTC

import statements

I was noticing that the file I am working on has it's imports in
alphabetical order. Is this the standard, or are we free to organize our
imports however we want in submissions?

I have noticed some that arn't quite alphabetical, and I actually prefer
a different organization altogether....

-Gus

Re: import statements

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 04:46 am, Gus Heck wrote:
> I was noticing that the file I am working on has it's imports in
> alphabetical order. Is this the standard, or are we free to organize our
> imports however we want in submissions?
> I have noticed some that arn't quite alphabetical, and I actually prefer
> a different organization altogether....

You can put the imports in any order you want. There is no guarantee that they
will stay that way, though. Wildcard imports should be avoided.

Conor