Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Martinez, Christian" <Ch...@bofasecurities.com> on 2005/11/01 17:50:32 UTC

Xalan-J 2.7.0

I am trying to use the
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.Trax.TransformerFactoryImpl class, but when I try
to create a template I get the following error:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.UnionPathExpr.setParser(UnionPathExpr.ja
va:75)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.Parser.parseTopLevel(Parser.java:1095)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.Parser.parseExpression(Parser.java:1053)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.ValueOf.parseContents(ValueOf.java:52)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.SyntaxTreeNode.parseChildren(SyntaxTreeN
ode.java:423)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.XslElement.parseContents(XslElement.java
:154)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.SyntaxTreeNode.parseChildren(SyntaxTreeN
ode.java:423)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.XslElement.parseContents(XslElement.java
:154)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.SyntaxTreeNode.parseChildren(SyntaxTreeN
ode.java:423)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.LiteralElement.parseContents(LiteralElem
ent.java:298)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.SyntaxTreeNode.parseChildren(SyntaxTreeN
ode.java:423)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.Template.parseContents(Template.java:247
)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.Stylesheet.parseOwnChildren(Stylesheet.j
ava:585)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.Stylesheet.parseContents(Stylesheet.java
:557)
at org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.Parser.createAST(Parser.java:381)
at org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:344)
at org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:429)
at
org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.Trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Transfor
merFactoryImpl.java:791)

Any help on this?  If I don't use the XSLTC package and go with the
interpretive transformer factory everything works great.

Christian

Re: Xalan-J 2.7.0

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Christian.

"Martinez, Christian" <Ch...@bofasecurities.com> wrote on
2005-11-01 11:50:32 AM:
> I am trying to use the org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.Trax.
> TransformerFactoryImpl class, but when I try to create a template I
> get the following error:
>
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
> at org.apache.Xalan.XSLTC.compiler.UnionPathExpr.
> setParser(UnionPathExpr.java:75)

     A likely possibility is that you're picking up classes from two
different versions of Xalan-J - some from your class path and some from
the Java run-time.  Take a look at this FAQ entry [1] to see whether the
recommendations help in your situation.

     If that doesn't help, please open a bug report supplying a complete
stylesheet and any relevant Java code that are needed to reproduce the
problem.

Thanks,

Henry
[1] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100D6