Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fabiano Reis <fs...@ig.com> on 2004/03/02 19:34:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Language issue.

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the language on Apache 2.0. I already have it working on my shell (using bash I see somethings in the language I want to use, for example: date command).

When I execute a SSI command

<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

I see date in english language. How can I change it to my prefered language?

Thanks in advance,

Fabiano

Re: [users@httpd] Language issue - LC_TIME

Posted by Fabiano Reis <fs...@ig.com>.
I tried to setup LC_TIME environment with the value "pt_BR" but I get no results. I think there is nothing on mod_include or the rest of apache source looking for LC_TIME environment variable and using it if necessary. So , I´m changing mod_include.c to work with locale and to see if there is LC_TIME environment and use it.
Posted by John Doumani <fu...@comcast.net>.
>Is the JavaScript actually running from the page where you are calling it?
Or is it just not showing up when you "view source"?  I like to add an
>'alert>("hello world");' at the top of JavaScript files to confirm they are

Of course when i view source, I only see the call to the file:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"
SRC="http://myserver/includes/javascript/sitelib.js"
type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
I added the alert... nothing appears in the browser (IE 6.0.2800.1106). I'll
download Opera and Netscape to test on them.

>If you can access http://yourserver/toolkit/javascript/sitelib.js and see
the JavaScript as ordinary plain text, then the problem is client side and
your >browser is not running the JavaScript, or something else has
blocked/disabled it.  But when you include JavaScript with <script src=...>,
you're not >going to see it when you 'view source'.   Just for kicks, try
changing the "language=Javascript1.2" to just "language=JavaScript" and see
what >happens.

Accessing http://yourserver/toolkit/javascript/sitelib.js gives a "file
download" prompt as expected.  I changed to "language=JavaScript" before but
that wasn't the issue.

>If it still doesn't run, then try opening up the JavaScript panel to see if
your browser is trapping any errors in your code, causing it not to run
properly, >and give the impression of not loading.

I've tried that... no errors are being trapped.
Thank you for the suggestion.

-John

Posted by Henry <he...@ix.netcom.com>.
Is the JavaScript actually running from the page where you are calling it?  Or is it just not showing up when you "view source"?  I like to add an 'alert("hello world");' at the top of JavaScript files to confirm they are loading/running correctly.