Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com> on 2003/08/27 13:50:32 UTC

Re: How to change batik error handling UI by my SVGApplication error handling.

Philippe GIL wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I'm currently using batik 1.5 to display realtime animated SVGs and to
> get user actions by clicking on some svg displayed elements.
>
> I have a question for you.
>
> How can I remove the batik ERROR handling (displayError) and replace it
> by myself?
>
> (ex SVG Error: Connection refused when trying to load a remote SVG file
> provided by a special web server)
>
> Thanks for your help.

   There are two major classes involved here:

	batik.bridge.UserAgent
	batik.swing.svg.SVGUserAgent

   Assuming you are using the JSVGCanvas you want to implement SVGUserAgent
and provide it to the JSVGCanvas when you construct it.  You can look at/subclass
the one in batik.apps.svgbrowser.JSVGViewerFrame.

   The bridge UserAgent used for transcoding purposes, there is a good Adapter
implementation in the bridge package.  In the JSVGCanvas essentially all bridge
UserAgent calls are forwarded to the SVGUserAgent associated with the canvas
(if there is one).