Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/07 05:54:23 UTC

Wicket Examples on Google App Engine: Usage of AWT and Swing

I've been playing around with Wicket on Google App Engine here and there and
decided to try my hand at getting the Wicket Examples running on it.

So here it is: http://wicketexamples.appspot.com/ I intend to add more to it
little by little, but today is the first day I've actually had it uploaded.

I had to disable a couple of the examples to get it to run. Google App
Engine (aka GAE) disallows certain Java classes like filesystem access due
to its cloud approach. They also locked down Java.AWT.*, Javax.Swing.*. It
makes sense: its for writing webapps, not desktop clients.

So, I understand it's good to re-use existing code, but in the case of
TreeModel and Color constants, can Wicket move away from them to its own
versions?

 (Let's keep the discussion focused on the low hanging fruit like constants
and TreeModels for now, I'll save other stuff like Dimension, Stroke, and
other Graphics2D stuff for another thread.)

Thanks,

-Clint Checketts

Re: Wicket Examples on Google App Engine: Usage of AWT and Swing

Posted by Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com>.
Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3036

Posted by Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.org>.