Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/11/07 23:46:26 UTC

JCR block resp. libs

Hi

Why do we use our own JCR/Jackrabbit libs and don't use the block of Cocoon?

r330793 | andreas | 2005-11-04 12:06:13 +0100 (Fre, 04 Nov 2005) | 1 line

First steps re. JCR-only approach: removed dependencies on JCR block,
added own JCR libs, started JCR facade objects and content migration
build target.

Thanks

Michi

Re: JCR block resp. libs

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> We can't use the JCR block of Cocoon, because our JCR-based code is
>>> very Lenya specific. It wouldn't make sense to contribute any of that
>>> to Cocoon, at least at the moment. By providing our own version of the
>>> Jackrabbit libs, we gain more agility because we can update it without
>>> interfering with the Cocoon codebase.
>>

>> sounds reasonable, but somehow it's sad, that we don't seem to manage
>> to better reuse stuff.
>

> Yes, but IMO the JCR API is a high enough layer to apply reuse.
> As far as the libraries are concerned - when Lenya + Cocoon use Maven,
> the overhead will probably be reduced.

yes, that would be nice. I am currently "playing" with Maven 2 and it works
very fine on Linux/Ubuntu, but I have issues on Windows re language
settings.

Michi

Re: JCR block resp. libs

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.