Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com> on 2012/05/04 04:48:51 UTC

Re: Spatial4n

Status update:

The Spatial4j project is completely ported to .NET, including tests, all of
which green. It is available from  https://github.com/synhershko/Spatial4n

The Lucene spatial module which takes dependency on spatial4j is also
ported now: https://github.com/synhershko/lucene.net/tree/spatial . I had
to hack around quite a lot there, and created many compatibility classes
and methods, since that module was originally written for the Lucene 4 API.

There is only one issue in FixedBitSet preventing it from compiling, I'll
take a look at it sometime soon (or if any of you can have a look, that'd
be great...)

I'm now working on porting the spatial test suite. As before, any help will
be appreciated.

Itamar.

Re: Spatial4n

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Last update:

I finished porting and all tests are green. Problem is there are not many
tests in the original Java module, so I started porting tests from real
scenarios we have seen passing (or failing because of a bug) with the
previous module.

So now we have one failing test, which is also failing for the Java
version. I reported this to the Spatial4j people.

Latest code was just pushed. As far as I'm concerned this can be merged to
trunk and we can continue working on it there.

Re: Spatial4n

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
if you're using git bash from msys

$ git gui

will give you a visual tool for seeing diffs for the current changes of
your current branch.

Re: Spatial4n

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
What are you trying to do - to work on it or to incorporate my changes?

I'm not done yet - everything was ported but there's some nasty failing
test I'm hunting down atm. You should be able to commit all my changes back
to SVN with gitdsvn, but you can also get the latest sources from here as a
zipball https://github.com/synhershko/lucene.net/zipball/spatial

There are some very good git tutorials - worth reading. Check github's for
example. Basically you just do "git clone git://
github.com/synhershko/lucene.net.git" and "git checkout spatial" and you
are done. You'll never want to go back to SVN :)

RE: Spatial4n

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

RE: Spatial4n

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.