Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Malin Ljungh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/10 14:15:14 UTC

T4.1: How do you combine Tapestry + Spring?

Hi all!

I'm doing a Tapestry project for learning/education purposes and would like
to learn some Spring as well.

What is the most common way to use Spring in combinations with Tapestry? How
do you combine Tapestry and Spring? Which parts of Spring? Please share some
of your experience with me :)

I've learnt a lot of Tapestry so far but know quite little about Spring.

Cheers,
Malin

Re: T4.1: How do you combine Tapestry + Spring?

Posted by petros <pe...@cypoz.com>.
Assuming you have a spring bean with name userManager you can use the
following code in a tapestry page

	@Inject
	@Service("userManager")
	private UserManager userManager;

Petros

Posted by Lutz Hühnken <lh...@googlemail.com>.
> What is the most common way to use Spring in combinations with Tapestry?

I don't know.

> How do you combine Tapestry and Spring?

I use the tapestry-spring library from
"http://howardlewisship.com/tapestry-javaforge/tapestry-spring/".

> Which parts of Spring?

I use dependency injection a lot, plus some of the database/hibernate
support stuff (I let Spring handle transactions,
OpenSessionInViewFilter),

> Please share some of your experience with me :)

It works well, but then again, I don't think I tried anything too
fancy. You should give the tapestry-spring library a test drive, very
easy to use.

Hth,

Lutz