Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Salvatore Capolupo <s....@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 10:57:04 UTC

Problems with Xerces under Tomcat 5.5

Hi,
 I'm enveloping an application using Tomcat 5.5, Struts 1.3, Java 1.5:
now I need server use Xerces for reading XML file from an action.
 The problem is that I can't do it because when I copy the Xerces jar in
WEB-INF/inf directory of my application and restart server, this
 error message appears:

 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
ActionFormBeans collection

 What could I do? Thank  you!

Salvatore

Re: Problems with Xerces under Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
1. Why do you need xerces.jar?  Isn't Java API for XML processing,
available since Java 1.4, enough for you?

2. Read http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

There is a chapter on using an alternate XML parser implementation.