Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2015/03/30 13:37:21 UTC

English Dictionaries updated - 1-APR-2015

Hello!

Just to inform everyone that I have updated the dictionaries for
OpenOffice and Mozilla.

Only the British one has been changed and it now has 738 new words since
the previous version.

In this version I focused a lot in the names of places and persons,
since it is one of the biggest weaknesses in the dictionaries.

The AOO may take a few days to trigger, but you can download it manually
from its official site.

Direct sites where it can be found:
- AOO
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice

- Mozilla (Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary-2

- Official project site (Proofing Tool GUI)
http://marcoagpinto.cidadevirtual.pt/proofingtoolgui.html

- Official project site (GitHub)
https://github.com/marcoagpinto/aoo-mozilla-en-dict

Please notice that I added a paragraph with some extra text at the
bottom of GitHub to explain to people how to check if a word is already
there. Could someone tell me if the text is okay or if should add/remove
something?

Thanks!

Kind regards from your friend,
        ----------------------

Re: English Dictionaries updated - 1-APR-2015

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 30/03/2015 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Just to inform everyone that I have updated the dictionaries for
> OpenOffice and Mozilla.

Thank you for your continued work on this!

> https://github.com/marcoagpinto/aoo-mozilla-en-dict
> Please notice that I added a paragraph with some extra text at the
> bottom of GitHub to explain to people how to check if a word is already
> there. Could someone tell me if the text is okay or if should add/remove
> something?

I think it's OK. I was initially confused since I expected that
wordlist.txt had to be found as an additional resource within the OXT,
but on a second reading it's clear that you refer to the files you make
available at Github (and it's correct that they are not included in the
extension).

Regards,
   Andrea.