Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@htcinc.com> on 2016/09/28 17:32:13 UTC

SolrInputDocument

Hi All,

I have a simple case of indexing a SolrInputDocument with few ChildSolrInputDocumnets. For some reason, the child documents aren’t getting indexed. Is there any setting in the schema or config.xml that needs to be updated?

Thanks
-Peri Subrahmanya

Re: SolrInputDocument

Posted by Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@htcinc.com>.
Thanks Alex,

I have “id” as the unique key and so, when the parent and child are getting indexed, shouldn’t the child get an id automatically just like the parent? Is there a configuration setup that would allow for that.

Currently when I am adding the child document, i also have to set the “id” on the child otherwise it is complaining “missing required field: id”. When I do set it, indexing goes thru, but I am unable to find the child by its indexed field as per your suggestion.

Thanks
-Peri

Re: SolrInputDocument

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.