Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/03/28 19:57:19 UTC

CVS pruning starting in a couple minutes

Please do not perform any checkouts or updates until I post a message
saying I am done.  It should only take ~10 minutes, and I will put the
archive in an appropriate place on the web site.

[DONE]Re: CVS pruning starting in a couple minutes

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Gonzalo Diethelm wrote:
>
>>> Please do not perform any checkouts or updates until I post a message
>>> saying I am done.  It should only take ~10 minutes, and I will put the
>>> archive in an appropriate place on the web site.

Pruning is done, and I am in the process of placing the huge Archive in
the proper location--I am waiting for the transfer to finish.

Re: CVS pruning starting in a couple minutes

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Gonzalo Diethelm wrote:
>>Please do not perform any checkouts or updates until I post a message
>>saying I am done.  It should only take ~10 minutes, and I will put the
>>archive in an appropriate place on the web site.
>

> You should just rename the root of the cvs repo from
> avalon to avalon.locked; that way, you are sure nobody
> will be able to commit (or do anything) while your
> surgery process runs. At the end, just rename it back.

I don't have permission for that.

RE: CVS pruning starting in a couple minutes

Posted by Gonzalo Diethelm <go...@aditiva.com>.
> Please do not perform any checkouts or updates until I post a message
> saying I am done.  It should only take ~10 minutes, and I will put the
> archive in an appropriate place on the web site.

You should just rename the root of the cvs repo from
avalon to avalon.locked; that way, you are sure nobody
will be able to commit (or do anything) while your
surgery process runs. At the end, just rename it back.

Just a suggestion,

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@aditiva.com