Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/30 18:49:59 UTC

Field collapsing / Grouping - How to make SOLR return resultset of 2 field groups (intersection)?

Hi,

I have an question on SOLR grouping functionaliy.

I have 2 fields for grouping, these 2 field can have different keywords
stored in them

Ex:

Field1: CD, book, e-book

Field2: repo1, repo2, repo3, repo4

Now I want to group the combination of CD/repo1 , book/repo2,
e-book/repo3,e-book/repo4,CD/repo4 rather than grouping just on field1
seperately and field2 seperately. i.e I need to group based on 2 grouped
results (intersection between the grouped results). Is there a way I can
make SOLR return the group results of all combination of any number of
fields?

Thanks.
BB