Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by eh...@sonicwall.com on 2007/09/24 21:59:10 UTC

Uninstall options for tomcat 4.1.31

Hi,

I haven't been able to find the answer to this in the MARC
archives or elsewhere.

Where can I find a list of command line flags for the
uninstaller (uninst-tomcat4.exe)?

Our product includes tomcat 4.1.31.  I would like to
silently uninstall tomcat 4.1 before upgrading our users
to tomcat 5.5.

When running the tomcat 4.1 uninstaller manually, the UI
prompts me to remove the tomcat directory and all files
in it.  Is this option also available via a command line
switch?

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Uninstall options for tomcat 4.1.31

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Uninstall options for tomcat 4.1.31

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
ehawkes@sonicwall.com wrote:
> Where can I find a list of command line flags for the
> uninstaller (uninst-tomcat4.exe)?
>
> Our product includes tomcat 4.1.31.  I would like to
> silently uninstall tomcat 4.1 before upgrading our users
> to tomcat 5.5.
>
> When running the tomcat 4.1 uninstaller manually, the UI
> prompts me to remove the tomcat directory and all files
> in it.  Is this option also available via a command line
> switch?

I don't think so. The uninstall section can be found at the end of
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/container/branches/tc4.1.x/tomcat.nsi
I don't see any code that would support what you want. NSIS may have
something but I haven't checked the docs.

Mark