Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Naanu Bora <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/26 16:25:34 UTC

How to increase replication factor in kafka 10.2

Hi,
   In our team some developers created topics with replication factor as 1
by mistake and number of partition in the range of 20-40. How to increase
the replication factor to 3 for those topics now? Do we need to come up
with a manual assignment plan for each of the partitions? Is there any
quicker way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Re: How to increase replication factor in kafka 10.2

Posted by Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com>.
You can use the reassign partitions CLI tool to generate a partition
reassignment for the topic, and then manually edit the JSON to add a third
replica ID to each partition before you run it.

Alternately, you can use our kafka-assigner tool (
https://github.com/linkedin/kafka-tools) to do it in a more automated
fashion.

-Todd

--