Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Kondik <sh...@chemlab.org> on 2004/08/02 21:20:53 UTC

preloading global?

I have something of an odd situation here.  In my webapp, I have my
Tapestry application, and a second servlet running Quartz.  One of the
Quartz jobs needs to access various static fields that are set in the
global object.   The problem is, that the global object isn't created
until the first application request (creating an engine), and the static
fields are actually being set in the createGlobal() method.   Of course
if a job fires before a request hits Tapestry, it fails as certain
configurations aren't loaded yet.

I've attempted to muck around with extending ApplicationServlet and
overriding the init method, but I haven't had much luck.

Does anyone have a clean way of doing this?

Thanks!

--
Steve Kondik <sh...@chemlab.org>