Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sandhya E <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 08:18:58 UTC

finding the input file of a failed map task

In the JobTracker website, when I click on a JobId, there is a listing
of completed maps and killed maps. When I click on the number under
the column completed or killed, there is a table with columns as
mentioned below.

Task, Complete, Status, Start Time, Finish Time, Errors

Status column is blank for Failed jobs, while for completed jobs it
lists the actual inputfile/block on which this map was executed. This
is the exact information that I'm looking for in case of a failed job.
Our jobs run on numerous files, and sometimes some input files are
corrupt. So if a failed map task can also show me what was the input
file it was working on, I can quickly remove that corrupt input file
and rerun the job.

Please let me know if this information can be obtained in any other way.

Thanks & Regards
Sandhya