Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sunil Tiwari <su...@tatainfotech.com> on 2005/08/02 11:25:01 UTC

scriplets in JSP being executed before the managed bean method.

Hi All,

I have a faces JSP page and I am using some scriplets in it. The scriplets are placed after some faces components.

I need to execute the method that is bound to the faces component (like input text) before the scriplet
so that I can retrieve some values set in the session in tge get method of that component.

So, I placed the scriplet after the component in the JSP. But the scriplet is executed first whenever the page is refreshed.
I tried setting some values in the constructor of the managed bean. Even then the scriplet is executed before.
Why is it like this?
Is there any way to change the order of execution?

any suggestions?

Thanx & Regards,
Sunil