Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/12/18 19:51:31 UTC

[Discuss] Defining Docker/Kubernetes Configuration in the IaasProvider Section

Hi Devs,

Currently we define Docker/Kubernetes configuration in the cartridge
definition using a property called deployerType.

This properly can only have the value "kubernetes". I think it would be
better if we could reuse the IaasProvider section for this. WDYT?

A sample cartridge definition:
{
   "*type*":"tomcat",
   "*category*":"framework",
   "*iaasProvider*":[
      {
         "*type*":"kubernetes",
         "*imageId*":"apache-tomcat/v7",
         "*maxInstanceLimit*":"2",
         "*property*":[
            {
               "*name*":"KUBERNETES_CLUSTER_ID",
               "*value*":"kubernetes-cluster-1"
            },
            {
               "*name*":"KUBERNETES_REPLICAS_MIN",
               "*value*":"3"
            },
            {
               "*name*":"KUBERNETES_REPLICAS_MAX",
               "*value*":"20"
            }
         ]
      }
   ]
}

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Defining Docker/Kubernetes Configuration in the IaasProvider Section

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks Lakmal, yes I think we can reuse cluster min/max for Kubernetes
replica min/max.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/