Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rajusaranga <r_...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/09 07:46:44 UTC

How to suppress server console message in struts1.3.10 + tiles

We are developing application with Struts 1.3.10, tiles and log4j1.2.15 using RAD 6.0.

I am receiving following message on server console for every “request”

[4/8/09 14:53:38:959 PDT] 0000005f TilesPreProce I org.apache.struts.tiles.commands.TilesPreProcessor execute Tiles process complete; forward to /WEB-INF/jsp/myLayout.jsp

Please let me know, if there is any solution to suppress this informational message?

Reason: Since  application is internet based and would like to filter above informational messages from the log files.

Thank You
Raju

Re: How to suppress server console message in struts1.3.10 + tiles

Posted by Charlesmel Carino <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Raju,

Check your log level. There are different levels to this as shown below:

ALL
DEBUG
ERROR
FATAL
INFO
OFF
TRACE
TRACE_INT
WARN

I'm assuming your log level is turned on for INFO. I provided the link below for your reference on each log level which describes what it does.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/Level.html

Rommel