Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/18 12:17:51 UTC

LDAP users auto creation in database

Hi,

Is there a way for LDAP users to be auto created while they login for the
first time?, it would be helpful and avoids manual creation.

--
Thanks & Regards
Madhu

Re: LDAP users auto creation in database

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 10:34 AM khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks, the option auto create works for me, but if I simply click on the users tab doest work, I have to refresh the whole page!

Well, a couple of things to keep in mind:
* Auto-creation happens on each individual login, so you won't see the
user creation for all users at one time.
* Yes, the interface caches a lot of the information retrieved in
order to minimize network traffic and speed up response, so you likely
won't see the users immediately - you'll have to either reload the
entire page or wait for the cache to timeout and be re-read from the
server.

-Nick

Re: LDAP users auto creation in database

Posted by khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 6:01 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 8:18 AM khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way for LDAP users to be auto created while they login for
> the first time?, it would be helpful and avoids manual creation.
> >

> Yep, the JDBC module has an auto-create setting for users that are
> successfully authenticated from other modules, like LDAP:
>

> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#auto-creating-database-users
>
> -Nick

Thanks & Regards
Madhusudan
9844117475
Bengaluru-12.

Re: LDAP users auto creation in database

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.