Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mirko <er...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/20 14:34:23 UTC

ip-based virtual hosting

I know name-based virtual hosting works great in Tomcat but I am interested in
setting up ip-based virtual hosting in standalone Tomcat. Is that possible?

/Mirko

Re: ip-based virtual hosting

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Hassan Schroeder" <ha...@webtuitive.com> wrote in message
> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>>>I ... am interested in
>>>setting up ip-based virtual hosting in standalone Tomcat. Is that
>>>possible?
>>
>> It will be possible in TC 5.5.10.  It's not possible in any of the
>> currently released versions.
>
> ?! Could you explain, please?
>
> Because I've currently got several systems running what *I* think of
> as "IP-based virtual hosts" using TC 5.0.x and 5.5.x...

All TC versions <= 5.5.9 use the Host header on the Request to map the
Request to a Host.  Starting with 5.5.10, it is possible to specify the
attribute useIPVHosts="true" on the <Connector> element that will cause
Tomcat to use request.getLocalName() to map the Request to a Host,
independently of whatever the browser has sent for the Host header.

Granted, it was assumed that this option would be mostly useful to people
using an AJP/1.3 Connector.  However, it will work with the standalone
Connector as well.

Re: ip-based virtual hosting

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.

Re: ip-based virtual hosting