Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ERIC TREECE <et...@enr-corp.com> on 2009/12/17 16:06:54 UTC

Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4

Has anyone successfully upgraded from 1.2 to 1.4 by just changing the war file? When we tried this we could not longer sort to retrieve the highest numbered date/id in our index. Previously with 1.2 the following would return the most recent data and now it returns  data from "around" the same time we changed the .war file.

solr/select/?fl=id&q=created_date%3A[NOW-1DAY+TO+NOW]%3B+created_date+desc&version=2.2&start=0&rows=1&indent=on

Thanks,
Eric

Re: Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

The sort changed, so it is now a separate parameter.  &q=....&sort=...

The query;sort syntax has been deprecated.

Be sure to reach Solr's CHANGES.txt when upgrading.  There's this
section the upgrading from 1.3 (which would apply when going from 1.2
also!) mentioning this:

"The default QParserPlugin used by the QueryComponent for parsing the
"q" param
has been changed, to remove support for the deprecated use of ";" as a
separator
between the query string and the sort options when no "sort" param was
used.
Users who wish to continue using the semi-colon based method of
specifying the
sort options should explicitly set the defType param to
"lucenePlusSort" on all
requests. (The simplest way to do this is by specifying it as a
default param
for your request handlers in solrconfig.xml, see the example
solrconfig.xml for
sample syntax.)"

	Erik