Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Noel Morgan <no...@mailspace.com> on 2001/07/14 04:49:52 UTC

Re: POP and IMAP tags - Anyone working on them?

Jayson,

I am moving servers to a new network this weekend, but the code should still
be available for download here:

http://imap.freesrc.org

If it goes down this weekend I will post a new URL.

The latest changes are much better compatibility for non-cyrus style folder
hierarchy. This should work fine with washington.edu's imap server now, but
it is not yet fully tested. A navigational system for headers has been
partially implemented also this week. I did not want to start the POP3
support until IMAP support has been pretty complete, since much of the code
will repeat.

I would like to see some committers look over the code and give some expert
advice on direction for this library. I think it would be an excellent
addition to the jakarta taglib project.

-Noel

Posted by Jayson Falkner <ja...@jspinsider.com>.
Great, it looks like you have quite a start. I'll pitch my efforts in with
you if its alright. Are you envisioning the tags to be IMAP tags and a
separate library for POP tags? My thoughts were to make a general set of
support tags for the JavaMail API.

Right now I was trying to expand the mailer taglib to be this.

Jayson Falkner
jayson@jspinsider.com