Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2010/07/13 15:02:48 UTC

Should we request an ASF-signed certificate from infra to sign Studio during a release? (was: Fwd: apache directory studio certificate)

Hi dev,

I'm forwarding a mail received on the users list about certificate usage on Studio.

Apache Directory Studio jars (including plugins and features) are all signed using the keytool command during the build of a release.
This certificate allows Eclipse to verify the validity of the software during the installation with the update site.

Until now, we were using a self-signed certificate which, as it is self-signed, only lasts 6 months.
As you can see on the mail below, this situation is causing some issue.

Stefan suggested me on IM that for the next releases we could request an ASF-signed certificate from infra.
I think it's a good idea.
WDOT ?

Does anyone know if infra can provide us such a certificate ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Begin forwarded message: