Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Nikhil <bh...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/21 14:14:14 UTC

[dbutils]

Hi,

I am new to DbUtils, I tried it and found it very helpful.

But now I am having problem in executing queries that have alias name

e.g. SELECT USER_ID as user, USER_NAME as name FROM T_USER_MSTR

When I run my program I get error shown below:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

 Query: SELECT USER_ID as user, USER_NAME as name FROM T_USER_MSTR
Parameters: []

Please help me

Thanks,

Nikhil

Re: [dbutils]

Posted by Petite Abeille <pe...@mac.com>.
On Dec 21, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Nikhil wrote:

> Query: SELECT USER_ID as user, USER_NAME as name FROM T_USER_MSTR

"user", like half of the English language, is a reserved word in Oracle:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10500_01/appdev.920/a42525/apb.htm

If you insist in using it, you must double quote it:

SELECT USER_ID as "user", USER_NAME as name FROM T_USER_MSTR

Re: [dbutils]

Posted by Steve Ash <st...@gmail.com>.
wow-- sorry I mis-remembered. Oracle doesn't support the "as" keyword
when aliasing elements in the FROM clause.  I will try to invoke the
brain before the fingers next time.  Sorry for wasting the lists time.

Re: [dbutils]

Posted by Petite Abeille <pe...@mac.com>.

Re: [dbutils]

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
On 12/21/2010 12:31 PM, Steve Ash wrote:
> Nikhil,
>
> This is an oracle syntax problem, not a DbUtils problem.  Oracle
> doesn't support "as" to alias names in the projection list.  Try
> SELECT USER_ID user, USER_NAME name FROM T_USER_MSTR

That must be for very old versions of Oracle.  Since at least Oracle 8,
this works fine:

select sysdate as today from dual

--
Guy Rouillier

Re: [dbutils]

Posted by Steve Ash <st...@gmail.com>.
Nikhil,

This is an oracle syntax problem, not a DbUtils problem.  Oracle
doesn't support "as" to alias names in the projection list.  Try
SELECT USER_ID user, USER_NAME name FROM T_USER_MSTR

Steve