Posted to users@flex.apache.org by itworksforme <ch...@yahoo.it> on 2014/12/03 11:46:07 UTC

Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know if there is any ongoing project to develop a Spark skin
based on the material design set out by Google with the new Android 5.

I searched the web with no results, so far.

Thank you for your help :-)

Bart

Re: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by Héctor A <ne...@gmail.com>.
However using the flat skins donated is not the most optimal thing to use
for mobile apps.

Posted by itworksforme <ch...@yahoo.it>.
Thank you very much! I didn't know that project...

RE: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Grat to hear.

Re: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
I just updated the button skins in the repo to remove the dropshadowfilter
and use RectangularDropShadow. I will probably be moving the toggleswitch
back to fxg, been tied up with other work.

Re: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi. Has anyone tried using this in a real project? Is performance good
enough? Looking at the github repo, I noticed DropShadowFilter is still used
in Button, ToggleSwitch, and ButtonBar.

Re: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
I can probably do that later on in the week, looking into alternatives to the
drop shadow filter I was using on the toggle switch and button skins.
Neverbirth updated me on the performance issues and non GPU rendering

thanks,

Aaron

Re: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 9, 2015 9:47 PM, "quick6black" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I started a repository on github for material design skins replicating
> Android 5. Here is the link
>
> https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins

Great!
Can you create a branch in the official Flex repo instead?

Thanks,
Om

Re: Flex skin implementing material design out there?

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
Are you referring to a new skin set for mobile? If so, I agree we should
start working material design for mobile.  Here
<https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/develop/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins>
is a link to the IOS7 and Android4 skins that we Om and myself has been
working on.