Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Louis Masters <lo...@log-net.com> on 2009/09/29 18:44:20 UTC

table column border for entire table height

I've always messed around with workarounds and iffy implementations, but does anyone know a good way to always display the column borders
(vertical) for the height of the table even if the rows don't fill it.  For example, say I have a table that has a height of 70mm, but only
contains a single row with a height of 20mm.  I want my column borders to go all the way to the bottom (70mm) and not stop after the row (20mm).
  I thought I read of a way to accomplish this with 'block-progression-dimension' but I can't get it to work.

Thanks,
Lou

AW: table column border for entire table height

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Lou,

I had a similar problem. I had a two-column outer table and mulöticolum inner table in the right cell of the outer table. If the content of the left cell is bigger than the content of the right cell, the inner table should still spread to the end of the outer cell. Search for other postings of mine on this list to find screenshots of this tables.

My solution was: I generate the table as area tree, read the sizes of the columns and set the line hight (or padding-after) of the last row of the inner table to take up all the available space. I did not find another working solution. conditional heights sounded good but did not help, for example.

If you know the table height and the column heights, you can calculate the height of the last row and avoid the area tree.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl