Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jonathan Bullock <jo...@fugro-data.com> on 2008/09/02 11:04:30 UTC

Re: [Trinidad] v1.0.9 on Tomcat 5.5.26

Hi,

Just got round to trying out the fix, had to checkout revision 685045
from the 12th Aug but it works fine now, thanks!

My original reason for upgrading our web app was to fix the NPE error
shown to unknown user agents like Konqueror & GoogleBot (don't want
Google indexing an error).

I'm still getting a NPE error when I access the trinidad-demo (built
using checked out revision above) from Konqueror? I thought this was
fixed according to TRINIDAD-1059 ?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1059

Jon

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 07:37 +0200, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> INFO: Reading config
> >> jar:file:/apps/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/webapps/trinidad-demo-1.0.9/WEB-INF/lib/trinidad-impl-1.0.9.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
> >> Aug 11, 2008 12:46:30 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
> >> SEVERE: Parse Error at line 69 column 30: Element type "literal-only"
> >> must be declared.
> >> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "literal-only" must be
> >> declared.
> >>        at
> >
> > for some reason some XML from the JSF 1.2 faces-cfg is now in
> > the internal faces-config :-(
> >
> > can you open a bug ?
>
> using an older version of the "Trinidad plugins" (1.2.6 instead of 1.2.7)
> the problem is gone.
>
> Temporary fix:
> -I am now using 1.2.6 on trunk
>
> Can you do a check out of:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk
>
> run the build (mvn install) and try the -api and -impl jars
> on your application ? The issue should be gone.
>
> long term fix:
> check the plugins ;-)
>

> -Matthias
> >
> > -matthias
> >

> > --
> > Matthias Wessendorf
> >
> > Need JSF and Web 2.0?
> > http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies
> >
> > further stuff:
> > sessions: http://www.slideshare.net/mwessendorf
> > mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

---

Fugro Data Solutions Limited
Tyn y Coed
Llanrhos
Llandudno
North Wales
LL30 1SA
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1492 563555
Fax: +44 (0)1492 592030

General Email: info@fugro-data.com

Website: www.fugro-data.com

This email and any attachments are confidential. They may
contain privileged information and are intended for the named
addressee(s) only. They must not be distributed without our
consent. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this
email or any part of it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in
this email are those of the individual sender, and not of Fugro
Data Solutions Ltd. We believe but do not warrant that this
e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore
take full responsibility for virus checking. Fugro Data
Solutions Ltd and its subsidiaries may monitor email traffic
data and also the content of email for the purposes of security.
This email is not intended to create legal relations.

Fugro Data Solutions Limited is a limited company registered in
England and Wales (Reg No. 5583527) at Tyn y Coed, Pentywyn Road,
Llanrhos, Llandudno, LL30 1SA.  VAT No. GB901440962.