Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Reuben D. Budiardja" <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu> on 2006/03/07 21:13:58 UTC

Migrate bitkeeper repository to subversion

Hello,
I have a medium size bitkeeper repository. I would like to start thinking
about migrating it to subversion. I have used subversion for my other
projects and quite happy with it. Is there any tool to help me do this ? I
would like to be able to keep the changesets history / comments, and the file
revisions. In other words, I would like to still have my files versions, so I
can still go back to older version if possible after I migrate to subversion.
So a bitkeeper revision should maps to a subversion revision, or something
like that.

I searched Google and the FAQ but have not came up with anything. Any help ?
is this possible ? what are my options ?

Thank you in advance for any info.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy

Re: Migrate bitkeeper repository to subversion

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
On Tuesday 07 March 2006 22:55, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I'm only aware of this prior mail from a Subversion developer which
> explains that there is not nor can there be a BitKeeper conversion tool:
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-04/0067.shtml
>
> I don't know if the situation has changed in the past two years.

You are misinterpreting some things there. It doesn't say that such a
conversion utility can't be written but that you can't simultaneously license
the free BitKeeper version AND at the same time develop a competing version
control system.
Developing a converter is a different thing though and if you have a
commercial license it might also be a different thing. Read the license for
precise terms.

Uli

Re: Migrate bitkeeper repository to subversion

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.