Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Todd McGrath <mc...@supergloo.com> on 2002/09/19 01:39:50 UTC

using https

Hello World,

Still having troubles with retrieving images over https:

Here's what I have:

FOP .20.3
JDK 1.3 with 3 JSSE 1.0.3 installed
Windows 2k (devel) and Red Hat 7.1 (production)

a line in code that says:
org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("baseDir",
"https://blah.com");

FOP stylesheet line:
<fo:external-graphic src="/images/pdfimages/logo.tif" width="1.5in"
height="0.29in"/>

So, image is at https://blah.com/images/pdfimages/logo.tif.

I'm getting a "Invalid Image URL - error on relative URL : unknown protocol:
https"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Todd

RE: using https

Posted by Todd McGrath <mc...@supergloo.com>.
Thanks J.  Your response pointed me in a new direction.

In case anyone is interested on this list-

If I add this to the code:
System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

I can pick up images over https.   Glad that is finally figured out; it was
bugging me.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.