Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Don Coleman <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/05 18:00:35 UTC

__MACOSX in 2.7.0 zipfile

The phonegap-2.7.0.zip for distribution contains a __MACOSX directory with
a bunch resource forks.

Can we remove this files from the next distribution?

If Finder's compress function is used to create the zip, we can remove the
files after with

  zip -d phonegap-2.7.0.zip __MACOSX/*

If the command line version of zip is used to create the archive, it won't
add the "extra" files.

Re: __MACOSX in 2.7.0 zipfile

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Eh Don, not sure which is the culprit (man or machine) but this is the
script steve uses to build the phonegap release:

https://github.com/stevengill/robson/blob/master/robson

But I think he basically manually copies the junk from cordova into
https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap to make the release.

All that said, starting 2.8.0 we're going to start pimping the
phonegap-cli as The One True Way and de-emphasize the big ball of src
we throw in ppl's faces as we do today.